Strategic Hotel & Lodging Sector Index
Why Exposure to this Index
The hotel and lodging industry is undergoing a seismic change. Strategic Investments has established a new classification system to help investors capture the true exposure to the entire industry of hotels, motels, lodges, resorts, vacation rentals, timeshare properties, and lodging platform services.
The Strategic Hotel & Lodging Sector Index seeks to provide total return by investing in a passively managed, concentrated portfolio of companies in the hotel & lodging management and operational services industries.
- Designed to capture the entire hotel & lodging industry.
- Targets companies in the US and developed markets that specialize in the:
- Hotel & Lodging Services Sub-Sector: Includes companies that specialize in providing hotel and lodging management services, operational services, or provide franchising of: hotel, motel, lodging, residential, and/or timeshare properties including lodging platform services (e.g., global marketplaces for private accommodations including online marketplaces for discovering and booking private or shared accommodations).
- Hotel & Lodging Operations Sub-Sector: Includes companies that own or lease hotels, motels, lodges, resorts, timeshare properties, and/or real estate.
- Companies are initially identified by industry and sector and are then further reviewed based on operations related to hotel and lodging activities.
- The index is composed of the 50 or so largest eligible companies using float adjusted capitalization, and the largest companies make up a greater percentage of the overall portfolio.