Strategic Residential & Apartment Real Estate Index
Why Exposure to this Index
The residential and apartment ("multifamily") industry is undergoing a seismic change. Strategic Investments has established a new classification system to help investors capture the true exposure to the entire residential industry that specializes in apartment buildings, single-family home rentals, student housing, and/or manufactured homes.
The Strategic Residential & Apartment Real Estate Index seeks to provide total return by tracking a passively managed, concentrated portfolio of companies in the residential & apartment (“multifamily”) management and operational services industries.
- Designed to capture the entire Residential & Apartment (“multifamily”) industry.
- Targets companies in the US and developed markets that specialize in:
- Apartment Buildings: Includes companies that own and operate apartment buildings.
- Single-Family Rental Homes: Includes companies whose activities are focused on single-family rental homes.
- Student Housing: Includes companies that own and operate real estate with a focus on leasing to students.
- Manufactured Homes: Includes companies that focus on the manufactured home segment. This includes companies operating mobile home or RV parks.
- Companies are initially identified by industry and sector and are then further reviewed based on operations related to residential & apartment (“multifamily”) activities.
- The index is composed of the 25 or so largest eligible companies using float adjusted capitalization, and the largest companies make up a greater percentage of the overall portfolio.