Strategic E-Commerce & Logistics Sector Index
Why Exposure to this Index
Strategic Investments has established a new classification system to help investors capture the companies across the entire e-commerce vertical. The E-Commerce index gives true exposure to the entire industry of online marketplaces, software, analytics, payments and merchant processing services, as well as logistics, fulfillment or distribution services and/or real estate services.
The Strategic E-Commerce & Logistics Sector Index seeks to provide total return by investing in a passively managed, concentrated portfolio of companies that engage in e-commerce activities.
- Designed to capitalize on the burgeoning megatrends that are disrupting the e-commerce industry.
- Targets companies in the US and developed markets that operate across three e-commerce sub-sectors, including:
- Marketplaces, Platforms, and Merchants sub-sector: Operate e-commerce platforms that connect buyers and sellers of goods and services via online marketplaces, or primarily sell goods and services online and generate the majority of their overall revenue from online retail services.
- Technology Infrastructure & Support Services sub-sector: Provide e-commerce software, analytics, or services that facilitate the development and enhancement of e-commerce platforms, including e-commerce payments and merchant processing services.
- Logistics & Fulfillment sub-sector: Provide e-commerce logistics, fulfillments or distribution services or real estate services.
- Companies are initially identified by industry and sector, and are then further reviewed on the basis of operations related to e-commerce activities.
- The index is composed of the 50 or so largest eligible companies using float adjusted capitalization, and the largest companies make up a greater percentage of the overall portfolio.